Monday, March 10, 2014

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Charlie (Logan Lerman) as starting his freshman year at high school with zero friends, but that all changed one night when he went to a football game. There he got to know seniors Patrick (Ezra Miller) and Sam (Emma Watson) and he then met their group of friends. This movie is the story of everything that happened that year.
Now this is one of those movies that's based on a book, but sadly I haven't read the book. Usually I would have read the book first but that wasn't the case. After watching, I do want to read the book eventually. Here are my thoughts on the movie. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was really interesting that the author of the book also wrote and directed the film. I can only assume that this means it was as close to the book as it could possibly be. My two favorite things were the writing and the music. I mean, I can't get over some of the lines that were said in this movie. My favorite line was when Charlie said "...we can't choose where we come from but we can choose where we go from there." I just love that. Oh, and I want the playlist to this movie, preferably sent as a mix tape in a walkman. 
I recommend this movie, but make sure you have a box of tissues ready. There are some parts that made me tear up and I want you to be prepared because I wasn't. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and if you've seen it, what are your thoughts?

IMDB page

No comments:

Post a Comment