Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Verdict on "The 100"

The 100 is another one of The CW's new shows. It's about a group on teens that are sent back to Earth 97 years after a nuclear war. They are sent there because the civilization humans created in space isn't going to be able to support all the humans there and they need to know if Earth is livable again. The group of kids sent are a bunch of criminals that they were just going to kill once they reached 18! Also, 2 teens snuck of the spaceship and one of them is the Chancellor's son. 
The adults in charge of this experiment decided to track if the kids died or not by making them all wear wristbands. The problem with this is that the kids found a way to take the wristbands off, making the adults believe that they are dead, which is causing a lot of problems. I think all of this could have been avoided if they found a way to get cameras down there or found a way to communicate before the kids left. They other problem I have is that these adults thought it would be a good idea to send 100 teenagers down to Earth. I mean, did they really think that these kids would do anything they wanted them to do? It just baffles my mind. 
Now here are somethings that I like about it. There are many strong female characters in this show which I'm here for. Clark (Eliza Taylor) is one of the teens that really takes charge once they get down there. She's the only one that does anything beneficial to help keep them alive, compared to this guy Bellamy (Bob Morley) who encourages everyone to take off their wristbands and do whatever they want. Clark's mother, Jaha (Paige Turco) is a Councillor, doctor, and the one in charge of this entire experiment. In the second episode we get introduced to another female character that searches for answers as to why they dropped the kids on Earth, not stopping for anything but the truth. In end we find out that she's an engineer and she's going to help rebuild another spaceship to take some others to Earth. I'm loving this and I hope it become a theme of the show.
My other favorite thing is the changes in the Earthly creatures because of the nuclear war. The kids encounter glowing butterflies, a two-headed deer and some kind of lion panther thing. I'm hoping that this is just the beginning. We also find out that there's some kind of altered human life on Earth, too. I can't wait until we actually see what they look like. 
Overall, I like the show even though the adults understand nothing about teenagers. I will keep watching it hoping it gets better and better as the season goes on. I'm start to realize that I really love Sci-Fi. Did you guess like it? Why? Why not? Let know in the comments below. Also you can tweet me @KiaCherise.

IMDB page, Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment