Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Switched at Birth - The Past (Forgotten-Swallowed)

First off, what is with that title? I mean, "forgotten-swallowed." What does that even mean? Anyway, not too much happened this week so let's quickly talk about it. 
To my surprise, the field hockey team is living the struggle life with zero wins all season. I seriously thought they were doing better. On top of it, one of their star player, Sharee, is about to get kicked off the team if she doesn't ace her physics exam. So Toby takes it upon himself to help her out. Nothing really happened with them other than Toby being a good tutor. I'm guessing something will because Toby is having some issues with Nikki. She wants him to come do missions with her but he really can't pick up his stuff and leave because all the things he has going on. Nikki doesn't seem to think this though. I think there might be some real trouble in paradise. 
Mary Beth doesn't like Tank because of the whole luau dog fight frat party, and is uncomfortable with the fact that Bay is still dating him. Of course, Bay has to do everything she can to change that and, of course, it didn't work out for her. Mary Beth ended up telling Bay the truth about Ty and how Tank will never be Ty. I think Mary Beth was way overdue in telling Bay about Ty, but what I don't get is how anyone could think that what Ty did was okay. Number one, Bay does not like a cheating guy. We all know that the one guy that she really liked cheated and she can't get over that. So Ty cheating is devastating to her. Number two, he lied about it and I think that's even more awful. I get that he wanted to protect her but I think the truth would've been better than a lie. I don't think Bay should try and get back with him. On another note, can we give props to Emmett for being a great friend. Bay literally comes to him with all her problems (even though she has a boyfriend) and he's always there to help. 
Daphne's situation is a little bit better. She's got two guys trying to win her over. She should milk ever bit of this situation and really make them work for it. I have no clue who she's going to choose but I do hope it's Jorge. Her problems this week come from Angelo. She's jealous of Abby and how Angelo's being a good father to her when he was a not so great one to Daphne. She has a point, but Angelo is trying which is so much better than nothing. Hopefully one day these two can patch things up. 
Lastly, and probably my favorite moment of the episode, John and Kathryn's situation. See, Kathryn wanted to get one more story for her book proposal so John suggested on inviting his old teammate over for dinner. That didn't go as planned. His teammate and girlfriend are swingers and when John said he and Kathryn wanted more adventure things went in that direction. It was hilariously awkward. In the end it was John who gave Kathryn her last story. Who knew? Seriously though, who is this man that they keep calling John because he's nothing like the John I remember. He's changing, finally! Maybe I'll actually start to like him, but we shall see. 
Overall this episode was okay. It wasn't as explosive as I expected it to be. With two episodes left, I guess they're saving all the crazy drama for the finale. I hope it doesn't disappoint. 
As always, I want to know what yall thought. Let me know in the comments. 

Pic credit: http://www.rickey.org

No comments:

Post a Comment