Friday, March 21, 2014

Scandal - Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Who Got Shot?
James got shot and died! I think we all knew that James was the one that got shot, but I was really hoping on that not dying thing. This was one of the most heartbreaking things to ever watch, especially with the flashbacks. All throughout the episode we saw flashbacks of Cyrus and James relationship from the first time they met to the moment Cyrus finally made the relationship public. Seeing Cyrus breakdown and then watching James die was rough. I felt so bad for Cyrus and how could you not. And even though that last scene was hard to watch I don't think the purpose of it was to traumatize us. I think the purpose was to make us feel bad for Jake. I don't think making Jake command was the best thing for him. It just doesn't seem like a good fit and I got that feeling because of what he said to James. I don't think Rowan would've done that. Jake feels like he has to do these things to protect the republic and I think he's sorry he has to do it. He didn't really have a choice either. So he's just like I'm here, doing my job, whether I really want to or not, and there's nothing I can do about it so sorry. 
And I guess we can say David lucked out but not really. I mean he got to live but he has to cover the shooting up. David likes to wear the white hat and now he's being forced no to and it's getting to him. I think he feels a little bit better about himself now that he decided to work with Olivia to bring down B613. I just hope Olivia watches her back because the last person that worked with David ended up dead.

Adnan and momma Pope
Last night we got more of a glimpse of what these two are up to. Here's what we know. Adnan hired momma Pope and they are both looking for a terrorist. Who and why are questions that still need to be answered. I think Adnan bit off more than she could chew. She had no idea who she was working with and now that she's seen what momma Pope can do, she wants out. Momma Pope is one scary lady and I wouldn't want to be left alone with her. So it looks like Adnan is going to need the help of Olivia to get through this one. We'll see how that goes.

Olivia and Rowan
I just want to talk about these two for a minute. First off, they are just alike! They act alike, they talk alike they both have/had these command-like positions where they send out their legions of people to help fix things. It's insanity and I love it! 
Second, I want to talk about how they made Rowan like God. From the moment they said his name was Eli I immediately thought they were going to make him like God because in the Bible Jesus calls God Eli (Matthew 27:46). He knows everything about everyone and when he was command he was in control of everything. Also when momma Pope came back she talked about how he made Olivia in "his image" (Genesis 1:27) and his monologue sealed the deal last night when he said he was like "the hand of God" when he was command. It's crazy and I couldn't go on without mentioning it. This just shows how amazing the writers are and how much thought they put into everything.

Huckleberry Quinn
I couldn't write this without mentioning these two. Huck showed up at Quinn's house to kill her because she broke in to Liv's safe, which isn't really safe at all, and that makes her "broken." Oh Huck, that upgraded security system needs to be upgraded again starting with a new safe. He didn't go through with it because he thinks that somewhere deep down inside she still is a gladiator because she got herself caught. She should have known better. Then she spit on him (yuck) and then he made out with her! What the Huck is going on with them and where did this come from. I mean does he like her? It wouldn't be the first time he liked a girl that was crazy. Remember Becky? I just don't understand what that was about and I hope they address it again or I'll be pretty upset.

This was the most heartbreaking episode ever. Just the saddest thing I've ever seen. The only somewhat happy thing that happened was that Mellie finally got her some action from Andrew. So now she's a cheater, just like her husband. Oh and Sally got her sanity back, but I'm upset about that because I loved crazy "crispy piggy" yelling Sally. Oh well.
Well, that's that. Let me know what yall thought about this episode in the comments below. Also, we finally get to see the Grant kids and I'm excited! Let me know your theories on what you think that will be like, too, in the comments below. And don't forget to follow me on twitter @KiaCherise so we can live tweet together. Until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment