Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Switched at Birth - Love Seduces Innocence, Pleasure Entraps, and Remorse Follows

Such an interesting title for the finale. I will come back to this and discuss it's meaning, but first the episode.
Let's start with Daphne. Her story line seemed to be the best of the night. Jorge found out about her and Campbell. I felt super bad for him but he was very professional with it all. Daphne got a blast from the past when the guy who robbed her food truck made an appearance at the clinic. I forgot about him and it seems like he forgot about Daphne. She was not so sure about being a doctor and working at clinic after seeing him, but when he came back and really needed help she came through. This girl always does what's necessary in these situations, no matter who the person is and I think that she'll be a great doctor.
Now Toby was all ready to run off to be with Nikki and I seriously didn't know how to feel about it. I wanted him and Nikki to stay together so bad but something's got to give. I think that marriage is about compromise and Nikki doesn't seem willing to do that. It's just a sad situation and I hope Toby can get through it and find what he wants to do and do it.
Regina still has issues with Wes, so she decided to take matter into her own hands. I'm glad she stood up to him and told him that dealing with contracts is not her job description. Of course, he wasn't too happy to hear that. In the end he ended up firing her because some of the people in the neighborhood lawyered up, with Regina's advice, but he had no proof of that. I didn't want her working for Wes but I didn't want her to get fired. And now she has to pay back the $50,000! I really hope everything works out. All Regina wants to do is make better for herself and bad things keep happening. Also, did anyone else notice that Regina and Angelo were kind of going through the same thing with their businesses?
Now onto the biggest drama of the night Bay and Emmett. First, Emmett got catfished by the guy (Matthew?) that was slashing tires and he beat Emmett up when they met. I figured it out when Bay searched the girl's name and could only find it on that one website. So Emmett was stranded at some random park. 
Meanwhile, Bay is still having trouble with Tank and his frat. Honestly, I completely understand her. I never got the point of frats and sororities especially when they do ridiculous things like hazing and dog fight parties. In the end Tank left the frat, for Bay, but she has no idea. So Bay ran off to help Emmett and ended up confessing that she still loves him and they end up having sex! And that's how the episode ended. I know all you Bemmett fans are happy. I just have a bad feeling about this. I don't know why, I just don't think anything good can come from this, and it's more that the fact that she has to deal with Tank. It's just a complicated situation. 
Overall, this was a good finale. The story lines can go in a number of directions and I can't wait to see it happen. The season overall has been great. I'm loving Regina's story line and the cast additions are great, especially Renzo. 
Now let's talk a little bit about the title. I have no doubt in my mind it's referencing the Bemmett situation. I think we've seen the love and the pleasure but what about the remorse. I think this is a clue to the next part of this season. What do you think will happen next? Let me know in the comments. I'll see you guys in June for the premiere of the second half of the season.

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment