Friday, February 21, 2014

The Wolf of Wall Street

This movie is about the career life of stockbroker Jordan Belfort (Leonardo DiCaprio). It's based on a true story. 
Now first off I had no idea this was based on a true story. How many movies nominated for Best Picture are based on a true story?! My goodness! Now on to the movie. The story of Jordan Belfort is actually pretty sad. You'll understand what I mean when you get to the end of the film. I'm not going to say anymore because I don't want to be a spoiler. 
Now I have to get really honest with y'all. This is not my kind of movie. I'm not swaying it was completely awful, what I'm saying is that this just isn't the type of movie I would watch. If it wasn't for this review I probably would've stopped watching it. Putting that aside I will say that this movie wasn't bad. It did a good job of telling the story and the acting was really good.
I'm not going to tell you whether or not you should see this because I know there are people that don't feel the same as me. I will tell you this. There is a lot of language, sex, and nudity so if you don't like that don't go see this movie. It's also 3 hours long, so if you do go see it get ready to be sitting for that long. As long as you have some snacks I think you'll be okay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment