Monday, February 10, 2014

Dallas Buyers Club

This movie is about a regular guy whose life completely changes when he finds out he has HIV. 
Ron Woodroof was just regular dude who smoked, drank, did drugs, and had as much sex as he wanted. According to him, he was probably living the life, but that all changed when a work accident sent to the hospital and he found out he had HIV. At first, he didn't take it well but things changed once he started doing research on the disease and it's treatment. He then decided that he was going to do what he could to get the right treatment for himself and others in his situation. 
Overall I think this was a good film and I do think it deserves it's Oscar nomination. Matthew McConaughey (Ron) and Jared Leto (Rayon) gave great performances. My little problem with it was that it seemed to drag on a bit, but I didn't think it was entirely boring. It was just that when it got close to the end I started wondering when it would be over, and it was almost the end so I didn't get irritated. 
My main reason why I recommend this film is because it makes you think about the FDA and the drugs that they prescribe to people and whether or not they help get better. I really like it when films do more then entertain and actually make you think about the stuff that's going on in our lives and country. So for that, I think that you should check this movie.  

Pic credit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790636/?ref_=nv_sr_1

No comments:

Post a Comment