Monday, February 17, 2014

Gravity

Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) is medical engineer who is on a mission in space when a satellite accident leaves her alone, drifting in space. She is left to figure out how to get home, with some help from Matt Kowalski (George Clooney), an astronaut she was working with.
Now, it probably wasn't too great of an idea for me to watch this movie because one of my worst nightmares is to be stranded in space. Ever since that episode of Family Matters when Steve went in space, all that stuff left me very uneasy. So this film brought out a lot of anxiety for me. But, with that aside, I did like it. Yes, the special effects were amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if it won all those Oscars in that category. With a film like this, it's expected that the special effects will be amazing so I try not to focus on that. So with that in mind my favorite thing about the film is the score. I thought it was absolutely amazing and at this point I'm rooting for this film to win the Oscar for best original score. And I can't leave out the great performance that Sandra Bullock gave.
So yes, I do think it deserves its Oscar nomination for best picture and I recommend everyone see it, even though it might make you never want to go into space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment