Thursday, February 13, 2014

Her

From the little synopsis on IMDB I thought that this was going to be some lame movie about a guy falling in love with a Siri like thing. I did think it would be that great of a movie and I heard many people talk about how bad it was. But, I was surprised. 
I'm guessing this movie takes place in the future because of the technology although everyone looked like they were from the past based on their clothing. Everyone had these Bluetooth like things in there ear that read them their e-mails and things like that. Theodore (Joaquin Phoenix) is a writer. He writes letters for people to other people, which is so weird. This new Operating System (OS) comes out and he gets it and ends up falling in love with it.
I first thought of 'Lars and the Real Girl' while watching, but everyone was okay with him dating his OS and he didn't have any problems interacting with other people. I also thought this would be some movie about how technology is hurting our F2F (face to face) relationships, but it wasn't. This was just your regular romance drama but instead of it being with 2 people it was between a person and a computer. And I know it seems really ridiculous, but their relationship was honest and real, just like any F2F relationship. I feel so weird saying that because I wasn't expecting it. 
So I think yall should check this movie out, it might surprise you. And yes I do get why it was nominated for an Oscar. It's different and I give credit to any actor that can give a good performance when the physical thing isn't right in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment