Monday, February 24, 2014

Nebraska

Woody Grant (Bruce Dern) thinks that he's won 1 million dollars and is determined to go to Lincoln, Nebraska to collect his winnings. After many attempts to go on his own (from Montana) his son David (Will Forte) decides to drive him there. This film is about this journey which mainly takes place in a small town in Nebraska where Woody grew up. 
I enjoyed this film. I thought it was entertaining and surprisingly funny. I found myself able to relate to David because I have older people in my life (grandparents) that are like Woody. I know how they are when they get their minds set on something and they don't want to do anything else, and go on and on until they get what they want. I can really sympathize. There was also a scene where Woody and his brothers were all together and hoe similar they act. It reminded me of what it's like when my grandmother and her siblings get together. 
All in all I would say that this is a good movie. It shines a light on dementia and what life is like for the person dealing with all of that and the family members, and it does it in a way that I haven't seen before. I also loved the fact that it was shot in black and white. It fit so perfectly with the simplicity of the film and story line. I recommend this film. I think y'all will like it, and the ending is one of the sweetest things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment