Saturday, February 15, 2014

Philomena

Philomena Lee (Judi Dench) is woman who finally admits that she had a baby at a young age who was taken from her by the nuns at the convent where she stayed. This film is about her journey to find her son with former journalist Martin Sixsmith (Steve Coogan). Philomena's daughter was the one who got Martin to do a story in the situation. 
I loved this film. It made me laugh, made me cry and made me angry. The thing that really got me was the story about Philomena's son. There were so many twist and turns that I couldn't predict a thing, not that I thought I could. I mean, it's based on a true story and real life a bit harder to predict than some made up story. It's such an interesting story that really makes you think. So, here we have another movie that not only entertains but informs in a great way. I recommend this film to everyone. 
I must say that the more of these films that I watch the harder it is for me to predict which one will win the Oscar, and I'm happy about that. I'd rather see many films worthy of the Oscar than a bunch among one that is the obvious winner. I can't wait for the show so I can finally relieve my anticipation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment