Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Captain Phillips

This is the story of Captain Richard Phillips (Toms Hanks) and his crew when Somalian pirate hijackers attacked their ship. This film is based on the true events that took place in 2009. 
I can't even begin to tell you how extraordinary this film is. I was literally left speechless and almost crying when it was over. I sat for about 10 minutes before I could even think about doing this review. From the time the pirates were spotted it was nonstop intensity and it keeps you engaged until the credits roll. 
Tom Hanks' performance was just amazing. I can't believe he didn't get an Oscar nomination for this. I really think he deserved it. And Barkhad Abdi, I mean wow! 
I can't even say anything else other than that this was a great movie. It's made it to my list of top films of 2013. Yes, I think everyone should see this and I'm glad it got a best picture Oscar nomination. My pieces of advice: deep breathes after you've finished it and go watch a comedy or children's movie afterwards. Also find someone to cry with and/or hug if needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment