Monday, December 7, 2015

Fall Finale Update: Sleepy Hollow


I have to say that the front half of this season as a slow build. The heat turned up during episodes 1-6, then the pot finally started to boil with episode seven and the pot exploded with episode 8. I'm happy the pot started to boil over because I was starting to get a little worried.
Now I did an update back after episode 4 aired and talked about a couple things that I thought needed to be fixed, so let's revisit that.
  • Betsy: Now, I didn't know what her purpose was then and I still don't know what it is. And she's been MIA for the past 2 episodes! So she'll be around a lot more in the back half of the season or she's gone for good. Honestly, if she's around more than I hope we see her doing more. We need to see her fighting stuff instead of just seeing her going off to fight stuff. 
  • Abbie needing love: This still needs to be addressed. I mean, we did get a bit of a backstory in episode 6 with Danny, but that was it. Having Crane admit that he's afraid of losing her was a step in the right direction Ichabbie wise, but they need to step it up if this is what they're doing! He needs to flat out say that he loves her to Joe or to Jenny or to Abbie herself! 
Now lets talk about the things I'm really liking this season.
  • Pandora: I don't know how many times I've said this, but this years big bad is the best big bad this show has ever had! And now we have her husband (The Hidden One) to deal with. Things are starting to get really interesting. Hopefully we'll learn more about him and their relationship.
  • Jenny and Joe: First off there is WAY more Jenny than last year; A+. Second, she has her own storyline separate from Team Witness. Third, Joe (who I'm so glad is back) got to tag along with her on her adventure and they are a great team. Well, I guess you can call them a great couple because of that great big kiss that happened in episode 7. 
  • This season's storyline: I think this whole thing with Pandora and The Hidden One is all very interesting and has the potential to be great, we just don't know that much yet. So far I'm intrigued. One hope that I do have is that someone in the FBI knows about the supernatural world and that Abbie's a witness. I refuse to believe that not one single soul in the FBI knows anything about this.
After watching the fall finale, these are my big time hopes for the back half. 
  • I want to see Abbie in the underworld. (Because we know she's not dead and that's the only logical explanation of where she went.)
  • If Abbie doesn't get herself back I want to see either Crane or Jenny rescue her. 
  • Even though this will hurt my feelings, I was to see Crane so utterly devastated now that Abbie's gone. I want him walking around that empty house. I want him sleeping in her bed. I want him frantically searching for a way to get her back. I want it ALL! 
  • And when she's finally back, I want the most EPIC Ichabbie reunion to date! Better than the season 2 premiere. 
  • Basically I want to be a sobbing mess, puddle of a human being when the show comes back. 
To be honest, I'm not expecting any of this, but only because I don't want to be disappointed. If any of those things happen I'll be shocked and happy but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. 
I have to mention that the show is coming back February 5th at 8pm. That is a Friday, so we got a day change AND a time change. So set your calendars.

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment