Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Fall Finale Update: Empire


Empire has proven itself to be one of the most outrageous shows on television and this season was nothing different. There were somethings that I like and some that I didn't, so let's get into it.
  • Lyon Dynasty: Cookie and Hakeen are finally working together and creating a label all their own. I love this. It's nice that Hakeem finally came around and can have a better relationship with his mother. We are done with the broomstick beatings! (I hope)
  • Jamal and Cookie: I was upset that these two were at odds in the beginning of the season. I'm just glad they cleared the air and were able to work together again. Their scenes are gold.
  • Lucious: I've never been a fan of Lucious and that didn't really change this season. What I did like was that we got flashbacks to his childhood with his mother. We were able to understand why he does some things and I really appreciate them doing that. Hopefully we'll see more when the season comes back. Also, I want Lucious to actually talk about his childhood. Seeing the flashbacks and then seeing him react to a situation is one thing. Having him talk about what he went through and maybe explain that this is why he's doing whatever it is he's doing can help his family understand him more. 
  • The music: I have to admit that I liked the music of season one more than this season. There were just a few select songs that I liked this season but I liked all the music last year.
Now let's talk about that shocking fall finale.
  • Camilla is back: This was the most shocking moment of the finale. They teased her coming back but we didn't know why, but the reason why was crazy. I really liked how they revealed her as Mimi's wife first instead of having her go to Hakeem first. I'm just really surprised that she would go through all this for Hakeen. Marrying this woman just so she could take over the Empire. I mean that it a lot. 
  • Hakeem's betrayal: I wasn't at all shocked that he did this. I did think that he would stick with the Empire because of what Cookie said but when you take into consideration all the things that Lucious did for him, it's no surprised he voted him out. Lucious basically switched Hakeem out for Freda Gatz. In the end, Hakeem is only really going to look out for himself and by doing this he has more power in Empire. 
  • Boo Boo Kitty is crazy: I was really wondering what they would do with her storyline since she really doesn't have ties to Empire anymore. It's interesting that they made her pregnant and insanely jealous. Why didn't they show her get a job like the one she had at Empire at a competing label? I would've really like to see her and Cookie squash their beef and work together at Lyon Dynasty. It would've really pissed Lucious off, but more importantly it would have been awesome to see Lyon Dynasty be woman led. Oh well. Also, I have no doubt in my mind that she is the one that pushed Rhonda.
  • Love for Cookie: I really want Cookie to have better love interests. I liked her with Laz, but he had to be problematic. Of course Lucious is going to be jealous of anyone she's with. I just wish the only reason for him to hate the guy is because the guy is with Cookie and nothing else. #UnproblematicLoveInterestForCookie2k16. 
When the show comes back hopefully we'll learn of Rhonda's fate. I haven't a clue what it might be. There's really nothing given from the promo except Andre crying in the nursery, but that could mean anything. I just wonder if Lucious will ask to work at Lyon Dynasty now that he's out of the Empire. We'll see in March, which is too far away and too long of a wait!

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment