Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sleepy Hollow Update

We are 4 episodes and I've been asked to do an update, so let's get into it! I'm going to start with some general stuff and then get into the specifics.
I still stand by my statement that if you haven't watched this show before, this is the season you can jump into and feel like you've missed nothing. So with that being said, if you have any friends that haven't watched and don't feel like watching the first 2 seasons, they don't have to. But, there are callbacks to the previous seasons that those of us who did watch will appreciate.
Now for the overarching story, I think this is just one big set up for something HUGE and I don't think it's going to happen until the fall/winter finale. I think it's going to be about this tablet prophesy and I hope we find out more about the tablet and Pandora's agenda before the fall finale. Right now, we don't know any more than we did in the premiere and I'm hoping that changes. I don't know if it's just me, but it's driving me insane that we don't have the tablet completely translated. All we know is that Abbie and Crane are the "Destroyers", but of what and/or whom, I don't know. I need more information on this.
Now on to some specifics.

The Good

  • Pandora: She is the best villain on this show. Better than Headless, better than Henry/War, better than Moloch. I don't know where they found this actress but she is killing this role. I like to describe Pandora as pleasantly evil. I think I'm going to be a little sad when they defeat her. Is that weird?
  • Team Witness: As I was watching last week's episode (The Sisters Mills), I was sitting there thinking "I really love Team Witness." I mean, I know that Jenny and Joe have their own side story going on but I loved it when the whole crew got together and solved a case. I hope we see more of this. 
  • It's funny: I forgot how funny this show can be. I think it lost it's comedy in season 2, but it's back now. I haven't laughed out loud like I have been this season since season 1. 
  • Ichabbie cannon maybe: I have a feeling that this might actually happen. I mean, they already act married and they're living together. It's only a matter of time before one of them says "I love you" without thinking about, and then they'll be forced to think about it. Also, the show runner talks about them like they're going to get together. And, everybody ships it. I think it would be smart if they moved in that direction. 

The Bad

  • Betsy: I've thought long and hard about what her purpose might be and I've come up with nothing. I hope that someone can come up with something that will change my mind. Right now, I'd rather see the adventures of Grace Dixon than watch this. I mean, they read about the stuff that happened to her in her journal but wouldn't it be nice if we actually got to see it? I really hope they fix this because it could really bring down the series.
  • Abbie needs love: It has recently come to my attention that Abbie is the only one if our OG's (Crane, Jenny) that hasn't been kissed! This angers me. Like, we have all these women fawning over Crane, Jenny had Hawley, when is Abbie going to get some of that good loving? 

The Ugly

  • The Tooth Fairy: I'm so glad that we finally got a scary monster. The monster in the premiere was a little scary, then we had a shadow. Then we didn't even have a monster, we had a weapon which would've been cool if it went from person to person. But finally we got something creepy. And I will never watch that episode in the dark ever again! 
So, that's how I'm feeling about Sleepy Hollow thus far. I think that if they fix the bad this could be a really great season. I'm actually getting a little excited about this Bones crossover. Let's hope it's the epic event that they're making it out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment