Monday, December 14, 2015

Fall Finale Update: The Flash


I was very excited about this season. Mainly because of all the Comic Con panels and interviews that talked about the Iris/West family storylines. I'm a big fan of the West family so hearing that they would get more screen time made me very happy. I was also really anxious to see what happened after that insane cliffhanger of a finale. So let's get into it.
  • Zoom: This is the new villain and he is terrifying! I hate villains that have a lack of facial features and Zoom has no mouth and that makes me very uncomfortable! Also, have you checked out his nails?! So creepy! Since Zoom is from Earth 2 (E2) there has been this ongoing debate on who he is. Some people think he's E2 Barry but I'm not too sure about that. It seems too easy. I read a theory that it might be E2 Henry and I think that would be so interesting. I have no solid guesses, but wouldn't it be interesting it he was actually E2 Iris? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we found out why he has Jessie. Did they ever tell us?
  •  Barry's search for happiness: So in the season finale, Earth 1 Wells told Barry that he would never be happy so this season he's been trying to not prove him right, and I'm not sure he did a very good job of it. He seemed a little depressed and lost some of his confidence. I think he finally got it back by the fall finale. 
  • Mama West: I was beyond excited when I heard the news that we would finally meet Mama West. I ended up not liking what they did with her storyline. I feel like every time an MIA parent comes back they either want money or they're dying and she fit right in with that trope. Why did she have to be dying? I really wanted to see her and Iris's relationship evolve and I don't think that we're going to get that. I mean, there is still time but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
  • Iris West: I thought that would we see more of Iris being a reporter this year. The most we saw was her getting saved by Barry from that shoot out and her being all buddy buddy with Linda (I love that friendship by the way). I really want to see her doing press conferences, interviews and more investigative work. Like when she found out about Wally, for example. We never saw her looking that information up and discovering it, we only saw the after effect. The fall finale was her best episode this season.
  • Honorable Mentions: Jay and Cailtin... we all saw that coming. Patty, oh Patty. I wish you were more than just a love interest. 
Now on to that amazing fall finale, which was so emotional!
This finale was all about the West family and I think this is just the beginning. Iris finally told Barry and Joe about Wally. I really have to give it up to Candice Patton and Jessie L. Martin for acting their butts off in this episode. I mean, when you give them screen time they put in work and I love it! I'm not trying to take away from the other actors, but we see those in STAR Labs quite often in comparison to the Wests.
I want to talk about Joe's gift to Barry. I was a little shocked that he decided to give his watch to Barry. I'm guessing the symbolism behind that was that Joe was trying to show that he still considers Barry his son even though Barry's not his biological son and even though he has a biological son.  
Wally West has arrived! This was the moment that we were all waiting for. I just knew that it would come in the last minutes of the episode. I am so anxious to see how this shakes things up. 
Lastly I have to talk about E2 Wells and Zoom. Wells is now working to steal Barry's speed mostly likely to give it to Zoom so he can get even faster. Again we have a Wells using Barry for his speed. (SN: What if he actually steals some of his speed but Wally takes it and that's how he becomes Kid Flash?)
My only question is why didn't E2 Wells tell anyone about this?! I'm pretty sure they would try to figure out a way to help him. 
Well, I can't wait to see the second half of this season. Hopefully we'll see Cisco get a better love interest that has the same amount of conditioner game as he does. See you all in January.

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment