Friday, December 11, 2015

Fall Finale Update: Rosewood


This was another show that started off slow but got better with each episode. I have to say that I thought this show was a little corny, but I'm happy to say that it got better. Once we got some character development and the storylines started to unfold, the show really came into it's own. It proved itself to be a different type of crime drama. A detective and a pathologist team up to fight crime. It kind of reminds me of Mulder and Scully in the sense that you have the detective side and the medical side.
Another thing that changed for me was the relationship between Rosewood and Villa. I didn't immediately want them together romantically, but now I do. I have to blame the show for this because they just keep throwing tropes at us. Plus, these two don't have bad chemistry, so why not.
I'm also really glad that they started their over arching storyline with the fall finale. I've said many times before, just having just a case of the week will get boring over time. It's nice that they've started a storyline that will bleed into multiple episodes.
I want to take a moment to talk about the casting of this show. I love seeing a Latina and a Black man as the leads of a TV show. I love that from the regulars, to the supporting cast, to the cast member that are only on for 1 episode, there's diversity. It just makes me so happy to finally see a show that reflects the society we live in.

I can't wait to see what happens when the season picks back up again. This killer that they're looking for is no joke and it's not going to be easy for them to find him. It looks like things are going to get complicated between Villa and Rosewood because it looked like something was about to happen between them in the finale. I won't be surprised if they share a kiss before the season finale.
If you haven't watched this show, I recommend you do. You've got enough time to catch up because the season doesn't resume until March. Hopefully I'll see you then.

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment