Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Hunger Games

Finally saw this movie and it was so good. I have to that it was the best movie adaptation of a book I’ve ever seen.
Now, they did take out stuff; some I noticed, some I didn’t, but it wasn’t anything major. And the stuff they added wasn’t bad either. Usually movie adaptations add and take out so much it changes the storyline majorly and you’re better off reading the book. That really didn’t happen for this movie.
I of course read the book before seeing the film and thought the writers did a pretty good job. The only thing I wished was for Katniss to narrate. The book is told from her perspective and you get a lot of her feelings and thoughts when reading that you don’t get in the movie. The narration would’ve also helped with the parts when she was in the arena by herself. There was a lot of quiet moments and I think they passed by them quickly because they did want it to be like “Castaway.” SIDENOTE: “Castaway is a film where a guy gets stranded on this island by himself and it’s basically no talking for probably hours. (I couldn’t get through the whole film.) But that’s what I was thinking of when these parts came.    
One bad thing is that you really can’t understand the film fully unless you read the book first. There are some parts that I think wouldn’t of made sense if you didn’t read. But it really isn’t a bad thing to read the book because it’s amazing.
So, overall I’m really happy with this film adaptation and I can not wait until the next one comes out. I do think that this is the new series and I also think that it’s going to be better than Twilight and Harry Potter. I’ve seen both (not the whole series thought) and I think you can get a better variety of viewers with The Hunger Games. So my advice is to go see this, but make sure you read the book first.

No comments:

Post a Comment