Friday, April 20, 2012

Good Deeds

I was finally able to see this movie and I'm glad I did.
I thought it was a little weird watching a Tyler Perry film and there was mostly drama, no wedding at the end, and no female as the male character. Now, I'm not saying that this was a bad thing. It worked and worked well.
The film did start out a little slow and picked up a bit after about an hour. I think that was the only thing I really didn't like.
One thing I really liked is that it wasn't too predictable. There were moments when what I thought happened but there were also time when I had no idea what was going to happen next. I also liked the ending. I though it was perfect. It didn't end to soon or drag on. That was a great spot to end.
I really have to applaud Tyler Perry for his performance. I was afraid that he wasn't gonna be that good because this is a dramatic role and not comedic but he did a good job. Everyone acted well in this film. The cast was great.
The message of this film was also something that was totally different from what he normally does but was good as well. I thought it was a really good topic. There are a lot of people out there that are living the life that someone else wants them to live and it could be a good life but it's not the life that you want to live. I also got from the film that money really doesn't make you happy. Wesley Deeds was the CEO of a company and he was completely miserable.
Overall, I really liked this film and I hope to see more films like this from Tyler Perry.

No comments:

Post a Comment