Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Glee - New New York

Glee has officially taken over New York. In this episode Sam, Blaine, Artie, and Mercedes join Rachel and Kurt in New York to start their own adventures. Here are the basics. Rachel is living the life with her new 24/7 town care which was given to her because of all her hard work on "Funny Girl." Klaine seem to be living the life as well. The newly engaged couple is living together. Sam is kind of a late bloomer. He's been bumming it out on the couch playing video games since he can't find a job. Artie is having a bit of a rough time. He's been robbed, yelled at multiple times, and even got sprayed by a puddle when a car rode by. Everyone's luck does start to change though. 
First, Blaine is a bit of a smother and super jealous about Kurt and Starchild who spend a lot of time together. He and Kurt get into a huge fight about it all. In the end they decided it was best for Blaine to move out to give both of them some space. What I want to know is what the deal is between Kurt and Starchild. They've been spending a lot of time together and I definitely saw them making eyes at each other after that song. Is something going to happen between them? Something in the back of my mind keep telling me they got something going on. What do you think? 
Artie basically tells Rachel she's too bougie for her own good and isn't a real New Yorker because she's not living the real New Yorker life. So she ditches her town car to take the subway with Artie to keep him safe and to really experience New York. Good thing Artie was there to slap some sense into Rachel because she was getting super annoying again. Hopefully he can keep her on track if she slips up again.
Sam finally got himself a haircut and a job. Mercedes also came to town because she was lonely on the west coast and wanted to see her friends. If New York means more Mercedes than I'm down. So she's here to stay and is renting out a room to Sam and Blaine. And, nothing is going to happen between Sam and Mercedes, nothing. 
Overall this was a good episode. It really felt like I was watching a season premiere instead of some mid-season episode. I want to know why they didn't just do a spin off with the people in New York. It looks like they won't be visiting Ohio much and it feels like it's not Glee anymore. I mean, there's no glee club, just a bunch of kids from the glee club following their dreams in New York. Are we even going to see Will, Sue, or Tina again? Well, actually I read that Sue was coming to New York so we will see her again, but what about everyone else? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think they should have done a spin off but that's just me and we really don't know what's going to happen. I have no idea what those writers are thinking. I'm just happy that we get to see more Mercedes. 
Until next week people. Make sure to tell me what you thing in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment