Friday, April 11, 2014

Scandal - Flesh and Blood

It's 6 days before election day and the intensity is rising and rising. Everyone is on edge because there's a bomb out there and Fitz is the target, but no one knows where the bomb is. All of this is happening, interestingly, on the anniversary of Big Jerry's death.

OPA/B613
These two have merged in order to find this bomb. So, old command, new command, Fitz, and Cyrus were all at OPA this week. Quinn and Charlie even showed up to help. It was extremely awkward, well, until Jake left. See, Jake and Rowan hate each other so much that they couldn't be in the same room together so Olivia kicked Jake out. So, I'm guessing they're holding on to this "family sticks together" thing because Liv didn't even think about it. She was just like Jake you got to go and he was not happy about that. For some reason I kind of trust Rowan. Makes no sense and I know you can't trust anyone on this show but I don't think he's playing her. I think it's my gut telling me this and I'm going to trust my gut. I just hope it isn't broken. 

Does Maya Pope love anyone?
I think so. The only person she loves is Olivia; that's why she won't kill her and is doing everything in her power to keep Olivia away from Fitz. She's advised her many times and since that didn't work she had to go and stab Rowan to distract Olivia from everything going on at the white house. I just hope Rowan survives because I live for his monologues! 
Let's talk about Rowan killing Dominick. He killed that man out of pure jealousy. He hates the fact that he loved Maya but she was only there to steal information from him and Dominick is the reason for that. And it's interesting to me that Rowan and Mellie understand each other. They both know what it feels like to be married to someone that doesn't love them and they both hate the mistress. 

Huckleberry Charlequinn
So, Quinn, Charlie and Huck are all trying to work together, under the command of Rowan (hilarious) to find this Dominick dude because they think he knows where the bomb is. Now this is an interesting love triangle. Quinn is caught in the middle of these two and their bickering but she couldn't take it. So after Dominick gets killed, she rides off to dispose of the body by herself! We never found out where she put it by the way and that is going to bother me. I really want to know where it is. I just hope it doesn't get found. 
Quinn and Huck finally hooked up and I don't know how I feel about it. But, isn't this what some of yall wanted back in S2 when they started working together? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading people saying that they want these two to hook up. So, why is it so wrong now? Tell me, do you want them together or not? 

Mellie
First off that Mellivia scene was great but Mellie was on point last night! She was drunk for the entire episode and I loved it. Apparently there was a rumor that Mellie asked for a paternity test for one of her kids (Jerry) and when Olivia confronted her about it she went off, especially when Olivia just assumed Andrew was the father. The truth comes out when you're drunk and that's what happen in this scene. Mellie spilled the beans, finally, but know Olivia has to keep it all a secret, meaning she can't tell Fitz a thing. 
The writers killed it with this scene, but that's not a surprise since they kill it every week. And the music in this scene was fantastic. Loved it. 

Where is the bomb?
Well, at first, we think the bomb is at the Defiance, OH high school that held the voting machine with the Citron card. (Will Defiance ever go away?!) That's not where it was. It turns out that the senator who died was killed (by Maya) and the bomb is in the basement of the church where the funeral is taking place. And who is it that Jake tells this information to? Cyrus. So Cyrus knows the bomb's at the church and Sally is at the church and he's not going to do a thing about it. This man is evil, but I don't really care. I mean, I think it's about time they killed off Sally so I don't have a problem with it. But, Andrew is also at the funeral and Cyrus didn't think to at least get him out of there. If Andrew dies that means they'll be no more Mew and that makes me sad. Also, Cyrus doesn't know when the bomb is going to go off so he's just stalling Fitz from going. They could still make their way to the funeral. Let's just hope he gets there after the blast. 

Finale Predictions
Sally, Leo, and Andrew will all die in the blast. 
Harrison is in trouble and might not survive. I'm hoping on him surviving. I don't want him to die.
It's looking like Rowan might not survive either. 
Mellie's going to tell Fitz about Jerry. 
Mellie wins the election with the write in votes.
OPA relocates since Olivia can't work in a place where someone was killed. 

Overall, this episode was fantastic! I loved the music, especially in the Mellivia scene and the scene when Rowan killed Dominick. I loved Abby's interactions with Rowan. I would love to see a scene with them in a room, alone. 
Let me know what you guys thought about this episode and predictions for the finale in the comments below. Or, tweet me @KiaCherise

No comments:

Post a Comment