Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Glee - Tested

In this week's episode Blaine is struggling with his looks, Artie is struggling with an STD, and Mercedes is struggling with the decision to take Samcedes to the next level or not. 
First off Blaine. He is living the life, eating everything and anything he could get his hands on which is awesome! It's awesome because food is awesome but he's not really taking care of his body, thus his recent weight gain. It also isn't helping that Kurt has become this healthy, fit, sex symbol (his words, not mine). So Blaine is really struggling, comparing himself to Kurt and becoming really insecure. Luckily he has support from his friends so he's not going through this stuff alone. Let's just hope that it doesn't get anymore serious than that. 
Of all the people to get an STD Artie was the one. He sees himself as kind of big shot in school so he becomes a player and ends up getting the clap. This freaked him out because throughout the entire episode he kept hearing people say different STD's and saw himself in this gross STD costume thing. Paranoid much? Eventually he admits his troubles to his friends and the girl who he really likes. Things didn't turn out great (slut shaming and the girl breaking up with him), but he finally stopped seeing himself in that gross STD costume. 
Now on to what I really want to talk about: Samcedes. Mercedes is unsure about taking her relationship to the next level, but Sam is really sure he wants to. Mercedes thinks it through, talks to Rachel about it, and even goes to church for guidance. Her decision is to wait until she's married and Sam ends up being okay with that. Now I want to say that I think Mercedes is one of the most realistic portrayals of a Christian I've ever seen on TV. Usually they're either super judgmental crazy people or they abandon their faith, but she is neither. This is one of the reasons why she is my favorite and will always be my favorite. 
Overall, this was an okay episode. Nothing really amazing happened but it wasn't awful. I just want to say that I knew there was a minuscule thing between Sam and Rachel.
I'm starting to think that the only reason why I'm still watching is to hear Mercedes sing. I'm also thinking whether I should keep reviewing this show or not. I think I'll finish out this season since there are like 4 episodes left but I'm unsure about next season. What do you guys think I should do? Keep them coming or not? Let me know in the comments below. 

Pic credit: Glee Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment