Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Empire Finale Update


This finale was just as outrageous as the show always is. I was a little confused as to why Lucious had to marry Anika and why that storyline seemed to escalate so quickly. I mean, Lucious was in jail but then he got out. After that feds still came for him and now he's doing everything he can to not go back to jail (?). Either something wasn't clear or I missed something because I'm not understanding why the feds are coming for Lucious again.
Also, now Lucious has a half brother and Anika and/or Rhonda went flying over the balcony. Another crazy cliffhanger that really just left me wondering if anything got resolved.

As for this season, I enjoyed the second half much more that the first. I did think that the music of last season was much better than this one. There were only a few songs that I actually liked.
I'm a little upset that the storylines didn't get any type of resolution. This is turning out to be the type of soapy show that leaves you with more questions than answers. There's only so much of that I can take before I bow out.
I feel like this show has a great opportunity to explore a lot of different topics and there were many times when I wished that they focused on certain things and they just didn't. I wanted them to focus more on Lucious, his mother and the effect of her coming back had on him. They touched on this but I wish they went deeper. We all know that Lucious is a liar and I wished that in this situation we got the truth from him.
Overall, I'm at the point where I may be totally fine if I don't watch this show ever again. I feel like they're not giving me anything to care about to want to tune in again and again. If nothing else better is on at this time then I'll keep watching. If not, this show could have a permanent spot on my DVR.

There are a few things I need to see in season 3 for me to not be totally over this show. I'm really going to need for them to go deeper on certain topics. Like what I stated earlier about Lucious and his mom; also with Andre and his bipolar disorder.
I think we can all agree that this show is outrageous. But, it has reached a level that has gone too far in some situations and I need for that to get toned down. I want to talk specifically about Lucious. He's an awful person, but I want to have the opportunity to like him. Will that ever happen? Will this show ever make us want to like him?


Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment