Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Maleficent (2014)

Synopsis
We all know that Sleeping Beauty was cursed by Maleficent but we don't know the story of why Maleficent cursed her. This movie tells us that story.
Maleficent (Angelina Jolie) is a fairy who grew up without any parents in a forest outside of the kingdom, with many different creatures. One day she met a boy named Stefan and he changes her life forever.

My Verdict
To be totally honest, I have never seen the cartoon version of Sleeping Beauty, but I know the story because I read the book. I loved this version of the story. I like finding out the backstory of people so this was great for me. I think I like Maleficent more than I Aurora. I love it when a movie can make me feel for the villain/anti-hero and I think "oh my gosh, what am I doing? This person is supposed to be bad. Why am I feeling sorry for them?" It's great and just goes to show that even the worst of people have a good side deep down somewhere. Oh and I loved the true loves kiss twist.
Angelina Jolie did an amazing job as Maleficent. She was perfect. I haven't seen a lot of her movies and after watching this I really want to check them out.
I was also really impressed with the graphics. There were a lot of creatures that obviously don't exist in our world and I think they did a good job making them look real.
So, I'm giving this movie an 8/10. I was really impressed with what I saw. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. I thought it was great.

IMDB page, Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment