Friday, October 10, 2014

Scandal - Inside the Bubble

So much awkward stuff happened in this episode so let's get into it.

Jake vs. Papa Pope
That dinner, that dinner. Jake really tried it this week; threatening to kill Rowan and spill the beans about who really killed Harrison. Does he seriously think that Rowan is afraid of him though?! Let's get real, Rowan ain't scared of anyone. Didn't Jake try this already? It didn't work then and it won't work now.
Here's my prediction: one of them has got to go. I think/want it to be Jake but we'll see. I think Jake will tell the truth about Harrison's death but he'll pay for it. As big and bad as Rowan is I don't think he'll get taken down by the hands of Jake. They may both leave Washington, and I think one will leave in a body bag.
In the meantime, Jake should get himself a job. Dude is living in a hotel and I don't even know how he can afford that.

Quinn
Poor Quinn gets locked in a dungeon with Charlie and no one tries to find her. Girl can't catch a break. I think her strange friendship with Huck is beginning to get back on track. I guess Huckleberry Quinn is a thing again.

David Rosen
He finally won something, but with a cost. That judge killed and that left David shook. We'll see how long he'll last in this bubble. It looks like he's going to have a rough time deal with the consequences of using those files.

Abby and Olivia
These two need to bury the hatchet. You can tell that Abby misses OPA so much that she took herself all the way to Liv's house to try and help with the case.
I would also like to mention that I liked how Liv gripped up her friend like that. I missed that Liv that smashed phones and threw computers across the room.
Also, yay to Abby for getting Fitz and Mellie to call her by her real name.

Mellie and Fitz
That meeting was so awkward it was uncomfortable. I almost couldn't get through it a second time. And why didn't Fitz help her out?! He just sat there making those faces and let Abby come to her rescue.
Fitz is really trying to make something good come out of this term because it's getting in the way of him being a "soccer dad in Vermont." If it's not obvious already, he really doesn't want to be president. We'll see how far he goes before he starts talking about resigning or something.
Listen, these two aren't going to be able to hide behind their distractions anymore. They both are beginning to break and when they do, it will be bad, especially for Fitz.

Overall, this was an okay episode. I really think this is a set up for crazier things to come. Crap is going to go down and all hell will break loose. Shondaland is a roller coaster ride. I think these past few episode are that slow and steady of the ride before all the twist and turns happen. We really need to brace ourselves, especially after seeing that preview for next week. Karen is back and I can't wait to see what she's got herself into.

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment