Thursday, October 2, 2014

Black-ish - Pilot & The Talk


This show is about an African American family living in the suburbs and how they deal with the daily things that life throws at them. It stars Anthony Anderson as Andre Johnson, Tracee Ellis Ross as Rainbow, his wife, and Laurence Fishburne as Pops. 

This show is kind of a big deal because it's the first time in a long time that we've seen a comedy with an all Black cast and it's amazing. The show is also actually really hilarious. After watching the pilot episode I felt the gave us everything they had. It was very racially based and very honest. It was one of those moments where it funny but it was so true. For me, the pilot didn't bring out a lot of laugh out loud moments, but it was funny and I didn't give up on it. The second episode, however, had me dying in laughter. I laughed from beginning to end. It was also more of a relatable episode for people who aren't Black. Also, all the actors are amazing; even the little kids. 
I really enjoy this show, so I'll obviously keep watching. The first episode was mainly about specific racial issues and the second was about issues that everyone can relate to and my hope is that they find a good balance between the two. I want them to have episodes that can include universal issues and well as racially specific ones. I already think this is a winner, but if it finds that balance I think that many more people will tune in each week. So, check out this show because it's hilarious and you will literally laugh out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment