Friday, October 3, 2014

How To Get Away With Murder - Pilot & It's All Her Fault


So let me try and break it down for you because a lot happens in this show.
Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) is a lawyer and law professor at Middleton University is Philadelphia, PA. She chooses 5 of her students to come work as her interns, helping her solve her cases. She chooses Wes Gibbins (Alfred Enoch), Connor Walsh (Jack Falahee), Michaela Pratt (Aja Naomi King), Asher Millstone (Matt McGorry), and Laurel Castillo (Karla Souza). Most of the show follows them solving cases but we also get these flashforwards of Wes, Connor, Laurel and Michaela who are somehow involved in a murder of their own. With each episode we see more of what happened with the kids and that murder. Lastly, the ongoing investigation of the murder of a student named Lila Stanguard is also something important that keeps popping up. Oh and Annalise's personal life is also something that is an important part of the show.

This show is a huge hit. I mean, with Viola Davis and Shonda Rhimes involved did you expect it to be anything less? I loved it after the first episode and it wasted no time getting into the thick of things. I love the procedural part of it and that it's more than just the cases they have each week. I love a good mystery show where I can have theories and everything and I love that this ongoing murder with the students is something that I can think about all season.
So much happens in the hour that this show really needs your undivided attention, but it will never get that from me (because of Twitter) which is why I'll be rewatching each episode every week. I don't have a problem with that though. If you like a good murder mystery, lies and manipulation, you should check this show out.

Full Episodes, Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment