Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gotham - Pilot & Selina Kyle


This show takes us back to the day Bruce Wayne's (David Mazouz) parents died. It follows the detectives (Ben McKenzie & Donal Logue) that were put on the case and many other strange cases in Gotham. We also get to see all of the villains and other people in the Batman universe before Batman became Batman.
To be totally honest, I don't know much too much about the DC universe and the only villain I knew about was the Joker. So all these people like Fish Mooney, Poison Ivy and Penguin, I knew nothing about. I probably should've did some homework and watch Dark Knight or something, but I didn't. It was all pretty new to me but I still liked it. After watch the first episode I was so there for Fish Mooney. I have to say that Jada PS is killing that role. From her Eartha Kitt-esq accent, to her fixing her wig, she is just perfect and my favorite. After the second episode, we were left with a serious cliffhanger and I really wanted more. It also doesn't lack in the action department.
I have to say that I don't think this is FOX's answer to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. They're alike in ways but this show is a prequel and Agents works in the present. They are both superhero shows though and I thinks it's interesting that with Gotham, they had the idea to go back and show us where it all began. If you don't know, I love finding out what happened in the past with characters so I love that this is a prequel. Also, I've never been a huge fan of Batman, so maybe this will change all that.
So I will definitely continue to watch this show. It just makes the nerd in me so happy! So if you like Batman, superheroes, and action, check it out.

Full Episodes
Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment