Friday, October 3, 2014

Scandal - The State of the Union

There were so many things that were great about this episode so let's not waste anytime and go right in.

OP & Huckleberry Quinn
OPA (or what's left of it) is back to handling things now. Olivia is blackmailed by her "friend" Cyrus into taking a case from the white house. So she, Huck and Quinn get to handling. I guess we're not going to talk about how Quinn is a Gladiator again, but she did try and mostly succeeded in getting them back together so I guess that erases everything that happened.
Liv really handled ish this episode and I loved it so much. I really missed these cases and Liv acting like a boss. Oh, and is Quinn trying to dress like Huck now, was it planned or just a weird coincidence?

Fitz & Mellie
Everyone is concerned about Mellie and her mental health but I think the one we need to really be concerned about is Fitz. Whenever he goes to Jerry's grave he doesn't grieve. He just goes and stand by Mellie or sits in his car doing work. He also had a failed suicide attempt which he won't let anyone talk about. Something is just not right with him.
Who wants to give Mellie a hug everytime they see her now? She is still going through and that scene after the SOTU was just heartbreaking. And the way they shot it was just brilliant. I loved it all and Bellamy Young seriously deserves an Emmy for this.

David
This dude stay losing but that all changed this week. He took matter into his own hands and finally used those B613 files to his advantage. He's given up the white hat and is now blackmailing his way to attorney general.

Cyrus
He almost got himself a new boo but the guy is just a "sex worker" sent to him by Liz. What she's doing to Cyrus is kind of like what he did to James. I mean, I'm not really sure of her agenda but it's not good. He also still has that hair. *side eye*

Fitz, Olivia, Jake
I swore I wouldn't talk about this and this will only be a one time thing and then I'm done. I just want to make it clear that I'm not team anything at this point because they both annoy me in their own special way.
Jake is just a booty call. And he tries to win Olivia's live by finding out what happened to Harrison. That's nice, but no one asked him to do that. He doesn't even think of himself as her boyfriend! What is that about?! What they can only be together if they're not in D.C.?! He just frustrates me so much.
Oh and Fitz can't even give a speech without Liv's seal of approval and he forces her to do it because he thinks she "owes him." She doesn't owe him anything! I'm going to stop talking about this because it's frustrating me so much that I just want to throw something.

Overall, I loved this episode. I haven't had that much fun watching since "Mama Said Knock You Out." I mean, that fried chicken, the black and white photos, and they way they zoomed in on the 'mental Mellie' graphic; just amazing. And I died when Olivia dropped her coat at Jake's hotel room. My brother said it was going to happen but I didn't believe him, and then it happened. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. I can't end without saying Abby came through by getting Mellie to go to the SOTU. She really channeled Liv in that moment.
I must say that I haven't been emotionally exhausted after an episode yet and that worries me. I feel like it's all going to come crashing down on us and we'll literally be left crying in a corner in the fetal position. With that being said, this is definitely not a dark season. It's much lighter than the last one and I'm grateful for that.
Charlie's back next week. Can't wait!

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment