Saturday, September 27, 2014

Red Band Society - Pilot & Soul Searching


This is a show about a bunch of kids that live in a hospital, why they're there and how it affects them daily. The kids are:

Dash (Astro): Cystic Fibrosis
Kara (Zoe Levin): Needs a heart transplant
Charlie (Griffin Gluck): In a coma
Emma (Ciara Bravo): Anorexia
Leo (Charlie Rowe): Cancer that led to him losing his leg
Jordi (Nolan Sotillo): Cancer and may need leg amputated.

The show also stars Octavia Spencer as Nurse Jackson and Dave Annable as Dr. Jack McAndrew and it's narrated by Charlie.

I really liked it because it's not like any other hospital show that I've seen. It's not all about or the drama, it's a good balance of both and it's about teeangers. I also like how Charlie is about to communicate with people when they become unconscious, just like him. It's also pretty. If any of this appeals to you, I think you check this show out. It's worth your time or DVR space. I will definitely keep watching each week.

Pic credit, Full Episodes

1 comment:

  1. I liked the show too, but I thought that it was too pretty. Hospitals are really grim and depressing places. This one is too light-hearted to me. But the acting is good and it is hopefully bringing some rare diseases to light. I have also reviewed the pilot on my blog.

    ReplyDelete