Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Switched at Birth - Fountain

The drama is really heating up on this show and I love it! 
Let's start by talking about Toby. I honestly thought that he already moved out and was just hanging around all the time because Nikki was gone. Well, I was totally wrong, but good for him for finding his own place. Kathryn wasn't too happy with it, though, and turned into a smother mother! I thought it was ridiculous that she wanted him to stay, I mean he's a married man for goodness sake. He should not be living with his parents. Thank goodness she realized this with some help from John. 
So Regina tried to get a job from Wes but she quickly realized that he's a jerk! I was not expecting that tantrum he had. He blew up in her face and blamed it on him being passionate. Well, I think he needs to chill out a bit. I'm happy he apologized and offered her another job. It looks like her business is really taking off. 
Now on to all the drama of Carlton. First, I was right about Matthew. He was slashing tires in hopes of the new "thugs" getting blamed and them getting kicked out. That's not cool, dude. And boy was Emmett in a tough position knowing the truth. I'm happy he told the principal though. Maybe now everyone will be treated equally and the new kids won't get blamed for everything. 
Daphne and Sharee's relationship is still a roller coaster. Once you think they're going to be friends they end up almost getting into a fist fight in the hallway! Yup, that's right, punches were ALMOST thrown between the 2 of them which caused them to both get detention and their field hockey game was forfeited. Toby was super pissed about that. (He seems to be taking this coaching thing really seriously.) I wonder if Sharee and Daphne will ever be friends? It would be nice but it's going to take a lot of time before it happens. 
I'm sorry for bringing this up, but why does Sharee have to be the stereotypical "angry black girl" and why does she have to play the race card? I feel like they can do much better that that. And why do these new kids have to be called "thugs" just because they're not from a good neighborhood. That just really bothers me.
My favorite part of the episode was the conversation between Daphne and John. John was being his jerk self and was really mean to Daphne about getting in a fight and she just let him have it. I was like FINALLY! I'm so happy she told him about himself because he needed to hear it! Now they're back on good terms which I'm happy about. Every time they interacted it made me really angry or really sad. I'm glad it's, hopefully, over.  
They picked up the drama this week! It wasn't super intense but it had it's moments. What I really can't for is next week's episode. It's going to be huge! I know all you Bemmett fans are excited about it. I'm just happy we get to see more Regina and Angelo action. (How are we shipping them? Are we shipping them?) And, oh my goodness, Kathryn and John's situation seems to be getting worse! I can't wait to see what happens. 

Pic credit: http://cdn04.cdn.justjaredjr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment