Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

I have finally seen Catching Fire and it was EPIC! 

Catching Fire is my favorite book of the series so I was a little worried about seeing it because I didn't want them to mess it up, but they did an amazing job with it. I mean the arena was just the best and seeing all the tributes doing their interviews before the games was also pretty fantastic. I mean, the arena was everything I ever imagined and more. Oh and the acting was really good, too. You could tell the tributes knew about the plan while in the arena. One of my favorite parts was when Plutarch left Snow in the room right before the power went out! Hilarious. And the ending when they showed the Mockingjay transform was brilliant!
I did think that the time spent in District 12 was a bit rushed. While reading the book I felt that a lot of time was spent in District 12 and I didn't get that feeling watching the movie. I really wanted to see Bonnie and Twill and the Mockingjay bread. I also wanted to see Katniss almost getting caught being in the woods when they made it live wire again. And they didn't show Plutarch's Mockingjay watch either! The one thing I really wanted to see that they didn't show was the whole thing with the fake footage of District 13. But, you can't include everything and the rest of the movie was great so I can live with it. And I'm sorry to those who haven't read the book (shame on you). My only hope is that you go and read it now after hearing all of this. 
This movie was absolutely amazing and right after it ended I wanted to watch it again. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD so I can watch it over and over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment