Saturday, January 18, 2014

12 Years A Slave



12 Years a Slave (2013) PosterThis film is so well done and so necessary for everyone to see. 
This film is about a man, Solomon Northup, who was a free black man until he was kidnapped and spent 12 years in slavery. It's based on the book Solomon wrote and published. 
I've never seen anything like this before and I hope that I don't stop seeing stories like this being told. I say it's necessary because it shows a different story than what most people are used to seeing and hearing. What makes it so well done is, well, basically everything. The music, the writing, the acting; it all came together to make a wonderful film. I honestly think it deserves every award it's nominated for and I'm glad it's been nominated and been winning so many. All I can say is wow and encourage you to go see it and tell everyone you know to go see it. 

Pic credit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2024544/?ref_=nv_sr_1 

2 comments:

  1. Kia, you took the words right from my mouth. This film does deserve every award it wins and then some. It is hands down the best film of the year and maybe of the past decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hope this is just the first of many and if it doesn't win the Oscar, I'll be HIGHLY upset!

      Delete