Monday, November 18, 2013

Almost Human - Premiere Episodes

Pic credit: http://www.imdb.com
I know, another crime drama, but this one takes place in the future. It's 2048 and all cops now have to have robots, called MX-43, as their partners. John Kennex (Karl Urban) is an officer and he comes back to the force from an hiatus he took after his last mission ended badly. At first he gets assigned an MX-43 but he doesn't like it, so he goes an gets his own. The one he gets is different from the MX-43s because it actually has feelings and something like a soul, so it's almost human! So John and his android Dorian (Michael Ealy) go off after criminals together. 
So I watched the first two episodes and I liked it. I think the pilot episode was pretty good. I really like it when shows start out and make me feel like I was just thrown into all the action. It gives the feel that there's a past with the characters and that they existed before this episode, and this is what this show did. I will say that it didn't have me on the edge of my seat. So far it's just like any other crime drama but it takes place in the future so they have all this new cool technology. I'm a fan of shows that take place in the future so I'll probably keep watching. Hopefully it will get more intense as the season goes on. The fact that this show takes place in 2048 and I'll be alive in 2048 is super weird to me. It's interesting that this is what they think the future will look like. I don't think it's too unbelievable but we'll see when the year 2048 hits. 
I really hope that this show is good and doesn't get cancelled. I have watched many shows that were in the future and syfy/fantasy and they're really good and then they get cancelled. And this makes me so made because they are so good and they get cancelled. I just hope that doesn't happen to this show. 
So, I will be watching this show every week, but I don't think I will review it each week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment