Friday, March 27, 2015

Scandal - Put A Ring on It

I know I've been saying that this show is back to what it used to be but this episode is just about as classic as Scandal could get. I mean, Liv's got her curls back, Mellie's hair is big and she's back to reading people, and Abby's is working with OPA again which is so nice. Also, we got flashbacks!

OPA and the White House
Olivia is back at the white house to help Cyrus get through his sham engagement and wedding. Cyrus is having a really hard tie with this whole thing, so much so that he's having flashbacks to his past marriages with his wife, Janet and James. It's always nice to have flashbacks because we can find out more about a person's life. Sally Langston also made an appearance just to ruffle everyone's feathers. Just like old times. Of course, Olivia was able to handle the whole situation and the wedding went on.

Olitz
Now this episode had some Olitz-y goodness for those shippers. Now, I haven't been on that ship for months now and they really tried to get me back on board with that flashback but I just couldn't do it. It was good, but not good enough. Let me tell you about the range of emotion I felt with these two. First, when she was frantically looking for the ring I was like "here we go again!" It was just like when she threw the Fitz phone in the trash but then went digging in it once it started ringing. She didn't put the ring back on at first and I was happy, but then she put it back on.
Then I started to think why she would do that and here's my theory. In the flashback Fitz wanted Olivia to wear the ring so he's knows they're okay, whether they are together or not. So, my guess is that's why she's wearing the ring again. She wants him to know that after all that crap with the kidnapping and going to war, they are okay now. Doesn't necessarily mean she's going to jump his bones any time soon. It's like she's giving him hope, the same way she told him "there's hope" earlier this season.

Overall, I like this episode. Pretty sure I would have loved it if I still shipped Olitz but, oh well.
Now, I NEED it to be next Thursday. That episode looks insane! I mean, Jake is talking about how he's going to kill Olivia, Charlie's talking about how they need to kill Jake! I mean, how did we get here!? I guess this means we'll hear the words 'B613' next week. Plus the episode is titled "Honor Thy Father" so I wouldn't be surprised if Rowan Pope makes an appearance. I just hope that all of this gets handled so we won't have to hear about B613 ever again. Who am I kidding, B613 will creep it's way back into things just like Defiance does. See you next week!

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment