Friday, March 20, 2015

Scandal - It's Good To Be Kink

I feel like this was the comic relief episode. This episode was much lighter than the ones we've gotten since it's been back from hiatus, and we needed that. It reminded me of the good old days (remember Beltway Unbuckled?) when OPA took on random cases and helped their client and got things handled.

OPA
Can we finally say that OPA is back, like really back?! It seems like things are really getting back to normal, well normal for OPA. I feel like this new case was just what we needed. OPA getting stuff done, Liv being the boss that she is, Huck doing what Huck does (oh Huck), and Quinn actually being likable. It was nice. I hope I'm not the only one who felt this way but, Sue was right when she was reading Liv. Olivia was thee boss and something changed. We all know what that something was though. At that point Olivia realized that she had to get her crap together. Clearly it's going to take more that screwing a random dude (we'll talk more on that later) to do that but at least she's trying.
Can we talk about how Quinn was the real MVP for reminding Liv of who her real family is. Thank you Quinn for reminding her of the OPA she came to way back when; they help their client and that's it.
I just need to talk about Huck for a minute. First off, I was completely shocked when he sliced Sue's throat like that. I don't think I'm shocked that he did it because I was expecting them to put killing her on the table as an option to stop the book. I was just shocked that he did it like that. He didn't have a care in the world and he just left her body like that. Usually he does it in a more organized way (I think that's the word I'm looking for). I guess it was a "you gotta do what you gotta do" moment and now he has immunity so it doesn't really matter. Now he's free to do whatever he wants. So is he going to still work for OPA now? I know he's not going to go back to Kim and live a normal life. That's impossible for him. So what's going to happen to Huck now?
Alright now we talk about that epic ending with Liv. I LOVED it! I can't tell you how happy I was when she went back for Russel (I think that's his name). She better get her some good lovin'! Oh and I was cackling at Fitz and Jake! I get that they're concerned for Liv and all but they don't matter to her right now. It was fantastic.
But let's talk about Jake spying on Liv and reporting to Fitz, again. I was sitting there wondering what season it was! Why did we have to go back to this? It didn't end well for them then and I don't seeing it ending well for them now if they continue.

White House
Mellie is making strides towards running for president. I don't know why I kept thinking that this wouldn't happen, but it's actually happening! Good for her. I like that she and Liz are working together. I had a feeling that would happen. I still think that Susan Ross is going to come out of nowhere and run but with Mellie and Liz working together, they might destroy her.

Overall, I thought that this was a very good episode. I like that they're bringing the show back to what it was before. Let's just hope it stays that way.
Liv's going back to the white house next week and that's going to be really interesting. I wonder if she'll actually talk to Fitz this time. I just have to questions. The first is the same question Cyrus asked Liv; what is she moving forward towards? And, is Brian White coming back or no?

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment