Friday, March 13, 2015

Scandal - The Testimony of Diego Munoz

This episode wasn't as intense as last week's, but it was just as emotional and brought about the same amount of feelings.

The White House
Susan Ross actually became the VP! I really didn't think it would happen, but with the help of Leo (who I didn't know I missed) and Olivia (shockingly), it did. I just want to say that I'm pretty sure everyone has laughed like she did at one point in their life, well I know I have. That's the thing that made her relatable, for me. I have a strong feeling that she is going to be able to relate to a lot of citizens in the Scandal universe. This will most likely lead to Mellie's plan backfiring. I have no doubt that Susan will end up wanting to run for president after her term as VP and people liking her more than Mellie. She may not have any intention of being president right now but someone will plant that seed into her head. Wouldn't be really funny if it was her daughter? I can image her being like "mom you're such a great VP now you can be president" or something like that. Either that or now that she's in office she'll have to agree to not run for president and fully endorse Mellie. She'll probably ask to be Mellie's VP too. That would be too funny.

Huck
Or should I say Diego Munoz. We have finally learned Huck's real name and it only took 4 seasons. B613 is back ... again! I seriously didn't think they could bring this back but they have. I just really want it to be over but it doesn't look like we are close to that.
I really can't be fully upset with Kim about what she did because she had good intentions. All she wanted was to free Huck. Get him the immunity from all his crimes so he can go back to being Diego again. I just think that she should have given him a bit of a warning first.
Guillermo delivered that monologue! I almost forgot how good he was. It was really nice to finally see Huck smile and it not be in a flashback. He's finally seeing a glimpse of light at the end of his very long, very dark tunnel.
Oh and it took David way too long to use those files. Now he wants to wear the white hat and get the bad guys. He should have been doing this! I don't think it's going to be as easy as he's making it out to be. There are just too many people involved in this and it could get really messy. I just wonder this is finally the beginning of the end for Rowan.

Olivia
Everything around Liv is trying to get her back to normal but she is nowhere close to it. I'm going to need her to get some serious help real soon. I mean, I know she can't go to a real therapist but they could have her talking to Abby or Huck or somebody! She's walking around her apartment with a gun while brushing her teeth, unable to sit on her couch or drink red wine because of the stain. She's going off the rails people! None of this is okay.
I really liked the end and how they used what Liv said to Rose and what Rose said to Lois as character growth for Olivia. Her old self fell asleep on that island and she's never going to be the same without it. Nice to see her talking small but necessary steps to recovery. She finally got rid of that stained cushion and took her first sip of wine, probably since the kidnapping. Hopefully she'll keep moving in the right direction.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see Rose again and Leo. It looks like OPA getting back to doing random cases each week which is nice because I really missed them.  

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment