Friday, August 22, 2014

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Synopsis
All the humans and the government think that the Autobots are dangerous human killers. So whenever one is found it should be reported and eventually destroyed. Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) is a mechanic/inventor who's looking to invent something that will give him enough money to pay for all his bills and to send his daughter, Tessa (Nicola Peltz), to college. He find an old truck that ends up being Optimus Prime and instead of handing him over to the government, he escapes with him. Now his family must fight with the Autobots against the people that want them destroyed.

My Verdict
I liked this movie but I think the 3rd transformers was better. This movie was just too long. It was about 2 and a half hours which doesn't seem like a long time but it felt like it. It also took too long to figure out what the big problem was. It was almost 2 hours in before we found out who the real villain was and what was really going on. After a while I just really wanted it to be over. I know that sounds bad but I just wanted them to get to the point, defeat the bad guys and be done.
Also, it was predictable and there weren't enough twist and turns for me. There was one twist but it wasn't shocking at all and it was kind of obvious. They also kept talking about the creator of the Autobots and what they created them for and I'm thinking 'how long before we see them?' Are they really going to give us a 5th movie just so we can see the creator of the Autobots? I mean, all I want to know is who created them and I don't know if I want to sit through another 2 and a half hour movie to find that out.
I'm giving this movie a 6/10. I was really expecting something better and all I got was this long predictable movie. I will say the CGI was great and that was the only good thing about this movie. For now I'm just going to watch the 3rd one a leave it at that.

IMDB page, Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment