Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)

Synopsis
This movie is about Gustav H (Ralph Fiennes) and Zero Moustafa (Tony Revolori), the concierge and lobby boy of the Grand Budapest Hotel. Moustafa tells the story of all the shenanigans he and Gustav got into and how he eventually became the owner of the hotel.

My Verdict
I saw a preview for this movie a while ago and was very interested. I'm really glad I got around to seeing it because I really enjoyed it. This movie was very entertaining and I loved how it was a story within a story. The storyline was kind of ridiculous but in a good way. They did a good job of not making it completely over the top so you were left saying "this is too much, I can't take it." It was great and I thought it was very funny.
I also liked how unique and fun it was. I haven't seen anything like this before, so it was like a breath of fresh air. It reminded me of those absurd genre plays I read in high school but this movie actually made sense.
I'm giving this movie an 8/10. This was my first but definitely not my last Wes Anderson film.
Have you guys seen it? What did you think?

IMDB pagePic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment