Monday, February 25, 2013

Switched at Birth - Tight Rope Walker

This was one of the best episodes I've ever seen! Let's start with Toby and lead up to the bigger stuff. 
I can not believe he went back to that girl (Elisa)! She is bad news! But thanks to John (shocking) for knocking some sense into him. And that led him to Nikki!! I'm so happy the perfect couple is back together. That part made me really happy. Now let's move on to the stuff that left me speechless. 
So Daphne has been made the new Juliet in the play because the old on dropped out. This means that she has to KISS Noah because he's Romeo!! That's crazy and I think Bay is going to get a little jealous. Also, the school board is making a decision on whether to let more hearing kids go to Carlton. Everyone is against it, including Melody. So they all go to he meeting to try and persuade them to stop it from happening. This put Daphne in an awful situation. See, Kathryn doesn't understand the problem with more hearing students at the school and the school board meeting was during play rehearsal so she wanted Daphne to stay. But, Melody wanted Daphne to go with the other students. Automatically I feel bad for her. How can they put her in that position of choosing between the Deaf community and her mother?! I didn't like that. So, at first, she decided to stay but then she couldn't and left to go with Melody. She does a pretty good job at the meeting too, and it's nice to see her standing up for her community instead of feeling bad for being deaf. Sadly, their efforts didn't work. But instead of them letting more hearing kids in the schools, they just decided to do away with Carlton all together!! Yep, they're closing the school. That is not okay. I'd rather have them just let in more hearing kids and I'm sure all the Carlton students would rather have that too. I think it would be different than them going to a regular school because it would still be a deaf school, instead of them going to a hearing school. That whole thing just made me really upset. 
Now on to Bay and Regina's mess. So Bay decided to be sneaky and try to find out for herself if Regina is drinking again (instead of asking Regina herself). So she invited Zane (didn't know I was spelling it wrong, sorry) over for dinner and grilled him, basically, the entire time. Didn't find out anything but Regina's favorite brand of wine. And like Daphne said, he could have known that from years ago. So Bay decides to go to the club and confront Zane and ask him about Regina drinking. Of course, he says yes and then she goes and tells him that she's an alcoholic! Whoa! Way to overstep! I get what she was trying to do but I think she went about it the wrong way and it made Regina go nuts. Once she found out what Bay did she basically to her to mind her own business and stay out of her life. I guess she just forgot that Bay's her daughter! Luckily she took some time to calm down and apologized. And she said she would go back to her meetings and call her sponsor. She calls her sponsor and leaves a message, but then she deletes it!!! I legit almost cried at this point. Tears were in my eyes and almost fell down my face. I just can't believe that she would do that. And we don't know if she's going to go to any meetings and no one else knows about it but Bay and she swore to secrecy. That just makes me so sad. She really needs help and I don't want anything bad to happen to her. I don't want to cry again so I'm just going to stop talking about. 
Overall, this was a great episode. I loved the whole debate and how we heard both sides. And there was a Downton Abbey reference! I seriously can not wait for next week; it's going to be HUGE! And it's going to be all in ASL which is history in the making. This makes me so happy that I watch this show! They are doing something that no one else has never done and I'm so happy about that. We get to see history next week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment