Friday, February 8, 2013

Glee - Diva

It's diva week or should I say gleeva week! Of course this is both taking place in Ohio and in New York. Well, in New York, Rachel is back 'I'm the best' ways and Kurt is not a fan. In order to humble her, he challenges her to a sing off type of thing called midnight madness. It's Kurt vs. Rachel 2.0! (Remember 'Defying Gravity') Well, this time Kurt wins and Rachel is kicked off her high horse! This puts her in a little depression but Kurt's there to knock her out of it. And so all is well in New York, until the end of the show but we'll get to that later. 
In Ohio, each student is competing against each in a diva-off. Of course I automatically think of Wade/Unique; she's the biggest diva. And, of course, they sing Beyonce's 'Diva'. It was great! Santana comes back and shoes them what it means to be a diva by singing 'Nutbush City Limits.' I loved it. I mean, you can't go wrong with Tina Turner. Most of the focus of the episode is on Tina who is still crushing over Blaine. Why, I don't know, and it's really weird and the have gross nicknames like 'Tay Tay.' She spends all her time taking care of him because he has a cold and then confesses her love for him!! I seriously can not deal! Did she not get the memo that he's gay!? And then, while he dead asleep, thinks it would be okay to just hop up on top of him and put vapor rub all over his chest. That was super awkward. Tina really starts turning into a diva (a little scary) and does a crazy performance of 'Hung Up' that includes a quick clothes change. This wins her the diva-off! It's nice that she's getting the spotlight.
Back to Santana. She and Sam are fighting over Brittany. But Sam ends up winning once Santana really realized what she wants to do. And this leads her to New York. Now did I call that or what? Oh and I must say SANTANA'S ON FIRE!! LOL. And she basically moved herself in to Kurt and Rachel's apartment. Not exactly sure how they feel about that.
On to probably this biggest shocker of the night. Finn is still super depressed about breaking up with Rachel so he turns to Emma to help. (She helps judge the diva-off) In return, Finn helps her with her wedding plans. Oh and the wedding is in 10 days! That I did not know. So, Emma basically has a mental break down because she wants everything to be so perfect and to help Finn thought it would be a good idea! Bad idea Finn!! You know, for some reason I had this strange feeling that Finn was going to start to like her. I'm mad I  right. I just wonder if she'll tell Will and if there will be a wedding. Let me stop putting those bad vibes out there.
Overall, I enjoyed it. Brittany had some hilarious one liners (as always) and the music was great, again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment