Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reed

So I obviously like this show because I watched the new episodes this week. I'm shocked about that but I actually think that this is a good show. Let's tart with the first episode of the night.
This whole episode revolved around Carla. I thought that it was pretty cool that we got to see her in action. This episode did a good job of letting us see her at work and the people that she interacts with there. It did a good job of letting us know what Gabriella and Helen are like and their interactions. The one thing I loved was that Ron Artest was basically playing himself. I didn't like his acting, but that whole storyline was hilarious.
Now to the hair episode. I thought this was so perfect for people to see. It was the whole natural hair vs. straightened/relaxed hair. The conversation that Carla had with Kaci was so important and I think that more moms should have that conversation with their daughters. I like how Kaci had the choice of whether she wanted to wear her hair natural or not. I also liked how Carla made it important that Kaci shouldn't make the decision because of a boy. I don't think they were biased toward one side. I don't think they bashed relaxers, they just stated some true facts about them. This episode made people think which I also liked.

So I am sold on this show and will be watching every Tuesday at 10pm. I'm so happy that there is a show out there showing Blacks in a positive way.

P.S. I will be tweeting during the show as much as I can. Follow me @KiaCherise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment