Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blade Runner- Final Cut

So today in my film class we watched Blade Runner and this was the most strangest film I have ever seen. I think I'm gonna have to watch it again because I know I didn't catch everything.
I like the film overall but there was one thing that I didn't like. I didn't like how some things were hard to understand and the only way to understand them would be to watch the other cuts of this film. There are 3 different cuts to this film and they are all significantly different. Now this is the only one I've seen but in class we talked about the parts from the other cuts that were taken out and only then was I able to understand certain things. I think the only way you can fully understand the story of this film is to watch all cuts back to back.
I couldn't help but think about Inception when watching this film. Inception went into the whole dreaming v. not dreaming and Blade Runner went into the whole robot v. not a robot thing and I thought that was really cool. And at the end of both films you are wondering "Is her dreaming or not/Is he a robot or not." I thought that was really cool.
This is a good film, very bizarre though.

No comments:

Post a Comment