Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Fall Finale Update: The Waling Dead



This midseason finale was just what I expected it to be. Things that needed to happened, happened. The group needed to find their way back to each other and we got that in the end. I was neither shocked nor upset at who died because I saw it coming (Olivia) and wanted it to happen (Spencer). Now, I'm really excited about what's to come.

As for the season so far, I'm not too upset by it. I know some people thought it was slow and boring. Well, yes it moved slowly and there wasn't a lot of action, but that premiere was brutal and emotionally exhausting. I am grateful that they took their time to get back to the high intense action. It gave me a chance to recover. Plus, I think the job of the first half was to build a foundation for what's coming next. They needed to do some worldbuilding, and I'd rather them take their time introducing each new community than rushing it and having us wonder who in the world these people are. I really think there is a reason they're doing all of this and I think we'll all understand it in the end.

I still stand by my theory that it's going to take a mass mutiny to take down Negan. The first half showed the group that they can't do it alone as individuals or as an individual group. Now it's time to plot and plan.
I don't think that Negan will be dead by the end of the season. That is going to take awhile. Here's how I think it will go down. Maggie will be instrumental in convincing The Hilltop to fight with the group. Somehow they will learn about King Ezekiel and the Kingdom; whether they just come across their members or Morgan finds them. Either way Morgan will convince them that the group can be trusted. I think the community Tara found will come back into play as well. Once they get the numbers I think they will/should start turning Negan's people against him which won't be hard. We've seen the harsh conditions they live in and people already don't like it (especially his wives). Even Dwight seems to be over Negan. Once they do that they'll be able to take him down from the inside and the outside.
As for the guy in the strange boots, I'm hoping he's an ally. Maybe it's Heath because we have no confirmation that he's actually dead and how awesome would that be?!
Do you guy have any theories?

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment