Monday, December 12, 2016

Fall finale Update: The Flash


This season of The Flash has been such a joy to watch, even though we had flashpoint. So far we got Jessie Quick and Kid Flash, Caitlin got her powers, Barry and Iris are finally in a relationship, and we even got Jay helping out here and there. Cisco also got a great storyline and was fleshed out more. I know a lot of people didn't like seeing sad Cisco who blamed Barry for everything, but he's grieving and has every right to feel that way. Not everyone can be happy-go-lucky all the time. By showing this side of Cisco, they are really making him a fully rounded character.
I also liked the crossover a lot! Usually I only watch The Flash part, but this year I wanted to watch the others. It was great and I hope the musical crossover is just as good as this one.
I really feel like this season is spoiling us, but I don't care!

The fall finale was a typical Flash Christmas episode. Even though they were dealing with the big bad they were still able to come together for a Christmas party at the West's house. The only real tragedy we saw was the glimpse of the future where Savitar kills Iris. But, like Jay said, that was only one possibility in an infinite number of possibilities of how the future could go. So you never know what could happen.
Barry got him and Iris an apartment for Christmas! I mean, we all saw it coming but that whole scene was just perfection.
We also got some backstory on Savitar, Dr. Alchemy and the Philosopher's Stone. That only made we want to know more about Savitar. Like, who exactly is this guy and how did he figure out how to use the stone to become a speedster? Hopefully we'll learn more as the season moves on.

I'm predicting that the second half will be all about Barry trying to protect Iris from the future he saw, and I have a feeling it's going to be great. I just wonder how long it'll be before Barry tells everyone what he saw. I also can't help but wonder if they can fully trust Julian now. I think they should keep him at a distance. I just can't wait for the day when Barry, Wally, and Jessie are all fighting together. It's going to be awesome!
What did you guys think of the season and the fall finale?

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment