Monday, December 19, 2016

Fall Finale Update: This is Us, Insecure, Pitch


I never intended to watch this show, but I heard so much about the pilot that I just had to. That episode hit me in the feels and I haven't been able to stop watching. I love that we get flashbacks, and I think that writers are doing an amazing job. My favorite scene so far was the one when Randall and his dad went to the karate class. It really brought on the tears! I'm a little upset the finale ended the way it did. Why is it that when everything is going great, something tragic has to happen? I thought "nothing bad happens on Christmas eve." The only good thing is that we don't have to wait until next fall to find out what happens next.




Insecure was everything that I expected it to be. I'm a huge fan of Issa Rae and her work so I new it wouldn't disappoint. I've longed for a show about Black woman sisterhood and this show gives that to me. Plus it's real, it's raw, it's honest and I am grateful for that. The only thing that shocked me was Lawrence doing what he did in the end. I don't blame him for leaving her but did he have to hit the first girl that was thirsty for him?! What do y'all think about that?



Who would've thought that I would like a show about baseball? Surely not me, but I love this show and I'll be really upset if it doesn't get renewed. Let me tell you all the wonderful things about this show. One, the female lead, and really all the women on this show not being stereotypes and being well rounded characters. Two, the fact that Ginny's teammates aren't pigs but big brothers who are super supportive of her. Three, Ginny and Blip's relationship, Ginny and Evelyn's relationship, and Blip and Evelyn's relationship. Four, the fact that they showed Ginny struggling with her anxiety, realizing she has a problem and having her get the help she needs. How often do we see that with a Black woman on TV? And last but not least, Ginny and Mike. I tried so hard not to let my shipper flag fly with these two but by the fourth episode I wanted them to get together! Those last 2 episode were so rude to us!
The only thing I didn't like was how predictable the finale was. Of course Mike's ex, Rachel, breaks up with her fiance right after Mike finds out Ginny's got a new beau. And of course Mike and Rachel sleep together because stuff like that always happens. Other than that I loved it and will be highly upset if it doesn't get renewed.


Pic credit 1, Pic credit 2, Pic credit 3

No comments:

Post a Comment