Wednesday, October 26, 2016

2016 Fall Premieres - The Walking Dead


That was brutal. Probably the most graphic hour of television I've ever watched. We finally know who suffered the fate of Negan's bat and it wasn't a pretty sight. But, not only did we have to watch the gruesome death of not one but TWO characters, we had to watch Negan break Rick down.
First I'll start with who died. The first person we see die is Abraham. Now to be honest, I breathed a sigh of relief at that moment. He wasn't on my list of people who I didn't want to die, so I was okay. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike him, he's just not a favorites list. Then came Glenn (well, Darryl then Glenn). Now that was a moment that I didn't see coming and I was in a serious state of shock many minutes after it happened. In fact, the tears didn't start to come until well after. It hit me late but when it hit, it hit hard. I didn't think they would kill him simply because it was the obvious choice. Everyone who's read the comics let us who didn't know that Glenn dies. Also, they've almost killed him once so I didn't think they would really go through with it this time around. But they did and it was awful. On top of that we had to see Negan toy with Rick and try to break him. It almost didn't work so he almost made Rick cut off Carl's hand. It was hard to watch! I'm pissed and sad but not enough to stop watching. One reason is because I'm a binge watcher and haven't lived with these characters for years compared to everyone that's watched from the beginning. I only just started watching in the beginning of this year so I've only lived with these characters for about 9 months. I really think that has an impact on the attachment I have to this show.
The second reason why I'm still going to watch is because of what I think will come next. I think it's no coincidence that Maggie's first words were of revenge. Even in the state that she's in, she's ready to fight. And I'm not surprised that Sasha stood by her side. These two women have lost everyone. They've lost the people that they were closest to and in most cases they witnessed their deaths. They are going through the exact same thing and I think that they, along with the help of the other women in the group, will lead the charge in a mutiny against Negan. (That's really the only way I see them taking down a guy like that. There's one of him a  bunch of everyone else.) When you think about it, they've killed off two dudes, Rick is in no way to lead, and Darryl is probably off in a makeshift cell right now. It's time for the women to rally together and lead this season. Michonne and Carol have been in this position before, and even Rosita and Tara (when she finds out about Denise) can feel their pain. I don't think that Negan will be a non-factor by season's end, but the efforts of these women will have a major hand in his take down.

All I can say about this episode is that it was gory, sad, and rough to watch. But, they are setting the ground for a new slate, a new order as I keep hearing in interviews. I'm interested in the new characters that we get to see (mainly Ezekial's tiger).
How are you guys holding up? Will you still be watching this Sunday?

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment