Monday, October 3, 2016

2015 Fall Premiere: Pitch - Pilot & The Interim


Pith is about Ginny Baker, a pitcher who becomes the first woman to play for Major League Baseball.
I enjoyed the pilot but I had to give it another episode. From the looks of the promos I thought that this might be better off as a movie, which is why I wanted to give it a couple episodes before I gave it my final verdict. I am hooked. The ending of the pilot left me shook! I figured something was up with her dad but never suspected what actually happened. (I won't spoil it for those that haven't watch yet)
I love the way the pilot episode was filmed. I loved how they made it look like you were watching an actual baseball game. And of course that shot of the ball for that one pitch she had; AMAZING! The other great thing about this show is its flashbacks. They are properly place and give great insight to Ginny's past. They are showing us and not telling us and I love that. This show will obviously be tackling social issues. So far they're doing a good job not making it seem like a PSA. With sports comes commentary and that's where most of the talk about a woman playing a male dominated sport happens. Ginny is also taking on some social issues herself and we saw that in the second episode.

Overall, I definitely have a new show. In future episodes I want to find out where Ginny's brother is. So far, we've only seen him in flashbacks. He wasn't at her first game and she doesn't talk about him. The only guess I have is that when she let him go as her manager/agent he got upset and left. I hope that he's not involved in drugs or anything like that. I also want to see more of Ginny's mom and more about her childhood. Her father really pushed her and used some not okay tactics to get her to play harder. That had to effect her and her family and I want to see that.
A lot of people want Ginny and Mike together, but I don't really care what happens. I do think that have great chemistry. I just wouldn't be mad if they got together and wouldn't be mad if they didn't. Maybe I'll move over to the shipping side once I see more episodes, but we shall see.
What did you guys think of the show?

Pic credit

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful that you also like the show. I also reviewed it on my blog. I do not want Mike and Ginny to end up together. I will literally throw up and then complain to FOX about the whole thing. I believe that the acting is fantastic but the writing could perhaps use some work, but like you, I am also hooked.

    ReplyDelete