Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Fall TV 2016: Returning Shows


Here's a list of the returning shows I plan on watching this fall. Plus everything I'm looking forward to. I'll live tweet each show with an asterisk(*) each week. Whether it's when the show is actually live or after through my DVR, depends on my work schedule, but either way I'll be tweeting.

Monday
Supergirl: October 10, CW, 8pm*
  • One of my favorite new shows from last year! First thing I'm excited about is that we're getting Miss Martian and she's Black! This show is definitely lacking Black women (and women of color). So I'm happy that we've got this cast addition and I hope there are more in the future. Second, everyone finds out who was in the pod and we get to see how this affects everything. Third, the female president is coming!! 
  • Now for my hopes. I want to see Kara and Jimmy's relationship evolve and not be pushed to the back burner. I have this fear that now that their feelings are out in the open it won't get talked about anymore. Keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't happen. I also hope that the crossovers are good. There's going to be 2 this season. One will be a 4 episode crossover with all the DC CW shows and the other is a musical crossover with The Flash. I want them to be able to pull it off, especially with all this hype.
Jane the Virgin: October 17, CW, 9pm*
  • Last season ended pretty crazy and I can't wait to see what happens next. Everyone's live's seem to be turning upside down and everything seems to be changing. I just wonder how much more crazier can the show get. Also, if Michael lives (and I have a strong feeling he will), I'm just going to have to get used to him and Jane being together. I guess team Rafael is no more, but we shall see.


Tuesday
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: September 20, ABC, 10pm*
  • I'm most excited to see Daisy/Quake and get an explanation on why there's a new director. I also can't wait to see our crew again. I have a feeling there will be some new faces. Also hoping that some old one (Bobbi and Hunter) make an appearance as well.

The Flash: October 4, CW, 8pm*
  • My excitement level for this show is through the roof! I was a bit nervous of what would come since Barry flashpointed in the season 2 finale, but all that washed away when the spoilers started flooding in. It's been said that flashpoint won't last long (probably shorter than my initial prediction). Westallen is coming and so is Kid Flash! My hope is that Kid Flash isn't just in the flashpoint timeline, but makes his way back to the regular timeline. I'm also excited to see everyone in the flashpoint timeline. It looks like there will be completely different versions of these characters and seeing that is one of my favorite things about this show. 


Wednesday
Empire: September 21, FOX, 9pm
  • I'm still on the fence about whether I'm going to watch this season or not. For me, this show has crossed to far over the soap opera line and there's only so much of that I can take before I call it quits. I do know that this show will live in my DVR and that's how I'll be watching. 

Black - ish: September 21, ABC, 9:30pm*
  • One of my favorite comedy shows. It keeps getting better and better and I can't wait to see what the new season brings. Super excited that Daveed Diggs (Hamilton, The Get Down) has joined the cast!


Thursday (September 22)
Grey's Anatomy: ABC, 8pm
  • I feel really "meh" about this show. I'm not ready to give it up but I" not super pressed about watch it live. This is what happens when another show comes on at the same time on a different channel. I had to measure my excitement for each and this one didn't win. I'm still interested in what happens this upcoming season, I just won't see it live. 

Rosewood: FOX, 8pm*
  • I miss this show so much! I miss seeing Rosie and Villa and the rest of the gang on my TV. That season finale left me all up in my feels and I need to see what happens next. I hope they dig deeper into the death of Villa's husband. I also hope that it's not longer before we see Villa and Rosie back in action together. We left them on a rocky note and I don't know how long I can go without their banter in my life. Also keeping my fingers crossed there's sophomore slump. 

Superstore: NBC, 8pm
  • Another one of my favorite comedies. The Olympics episode made me want this show back even more! I can't wait to see what the characters of Cloud 9 get into this year. 

How to get Away with Murder: ABC, 10pm*
  • This show just gets better and better with each season. I can't wait to find out who shot Wes' father. I have no predictions on that one. I want to say Frank but I have a feeling that it'll be someone we least expect or someone we haven't met yet. I hear that we're diving more into Michaela's backstory this season and that's something that I've wanted for a while now. I also hear we'll see more of the Keating 5 having more of a role in the courtroom and it's nice that there going to remind that these kids are in law school. 


Sunday 
Bob's Burgers: September 25, FOX, 7:30pm
  • Yes, I watch this show and I love it. I need this family back on my TV!

The Walking Dead: October 23, AMC, 9pm*
  • I spent most of the spring binging this show (thanks to Richonne fans) and I love it. That season finale was so rude! I'm done with hearing theories and predictions on who Negan killed; I just want to see it. I know it won't be pretty but I'm ready. (No I'm not)

Secrets & Lies: September 25, ABC, 9pm*
  • I have to be honest, I thought this show got cancelled. When it premiered I loved it, but I didn't hear anything after the finale. When I found out it got picked up for a season 2 I was so happy. Michael Ealy has been added to the cast and it looks like they've got a whole new case to solve. I can't wait to dive back into this show. 

Quantico: September 25, ABC, 10pm*
  • Alex has moved on from the FBI and joined the CIA. I'm ready to see what new case she tries to solve this year. I also can't wait to see what the other members of the FBI are up to now. I just know there's going to be a bunch of new faces and I probably won't know what's going on half the time. If that's the case I just hope there's a flow chart or something that I can follow along with to make it easier. 
What returning shows are you excited about this year? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment