Monday, August 29, 2016

Fall TV 2016: New Shows



Here's the list of new shows that I'll be watching this fall. I'm hoping to be able to live tweet at least the premiere. After I've seen 2 or 3 episodes I'll review it. For the Netflix shows I may just review the whole season since all the episodes will be available.

Queen Sugar: 2 night premiere on Tuesday and Wednesday September 6 & 7, OWN, 10pm - trailer,
This show is based off a book that I wish I had enough time to read. The patriarch of the family dies and leaves his sugarcane farm to his 3 children. The kids all live different lives, grew up in different places and are being brought together because of a tragedy. I don't know much this show but I'm assuming there will be some family drama and uncovered secrets.

Pitch: Thursday September 22, FOX, 9pm - trailer, This show is about a woman pitcher breaking into the major leagues. The combination of sports, the Black female lead, and a woman entering a field (pun intended) dominated by men drew me to it.

Luke Cage: Friday September 30, Netflix - trailer, I don't know much about Luke Cage other than what I've seen from Jessica Jones, but I can tell this is the superhero show we've all been waiting for. The cast alone is amazing! And that trailer! I mean, seeing a Black man in a hoodie get shot at and not die is huge and very reminiscent of Blade. I'm excited to binge watch this.

Insecure: Sunday October 9, HBO, 10:30pm - trailer, I've been a fan of Issa Rae ever since my sister told me to watch Awkward Black Girl on Youtube. Finding out she was getting a show was the best news! Now, I don't have HBO but might just invest in HBO Go in order to watch this.

Haters Back Off: Friday October 14, Netflix - trailer, A show from another youtuber (Miranda Sings/Colleen Evans) that I've followed for years. Very interested in seeing what this show will be like.

Planning on watching any of these shows? Let's talk about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment